Friday 29 March 2013

Strawberries and perennial flowers transplanted

Today, finally, I had a day off with sunshine (!) and even some warmth, and I enjoyed it at the allotment. My priority was to move the perennial plants, so when spring starts in earnest they are already in their final place. I have just gained use of this raised bed, which I inherited with a lot of strawberry plants. The bed was filled with topsoil when it was made, it's very good and less sticky than the clay in the ground so I plan to try growing carrots this year.

But first I needed to move the strawberry plants: I have moved the perennial flowers from one of my smaller beds in my plot and swapped them with strawberries. This is the new bed with the flowers planted in the middle (tansy, verbena bonariensis, sweet rocket and a few daffodils), a row of herbs on the right (sage, oregano, thyme, and a clump of violas), and I left a row of strawberries in the left because there were too many!


Hoy, cosa inaudita, hizo bueno, asi que por fin pude transplantar mis plantas: tengo una jardinera nueva que me ha tocado en la huerta, y la herede con un monton de fresas. La tierra es mucho mejor para zanahorias que la del suelo normal, asi que tuve que buscarles otro sitio a las fresas. Al final traslade las flores perennes que tenia en una de las jardineras pequenas a la jardinera nueva, y las puse en el medio. Deje una fila de fresas a la izquierda porque ya no me cabian mas en la jardinera pequena! Y en el sitio que dejaron las Flores puse las fresas:


Here is the new bed of strawberries:


No comments:

Post a Comment