Thursday 6 January 2011

Garden-related Christmas presents

Today is 6th of January, traditionally (in Spain) the day children open their presents, aka the 12th night of Christmas. I opened all of mine back on Christmas and Boxing Day (when in Rome...), but these are, in chronological order, my gorgeous gardening-related Christmas presents that I got this year from a loving family that knows me well!

  • RHS Encyclopedia of Gardening: the Bible for gardening - it's got everything I need to know, from aquatics to training espalier fruiting trees
  • Gardeners' World book on veg garden design for small spaces - lots of interesting and pretty ideas
  • Pair of secateurs - perfect, I kept losing my one good pair this year (and I couldn't justify buying a second good quality pair)
  • Twine and cast iron holder, and matching stand for cuttings tubes (they look like test tubes. Must experiment with rooting cuttings in water that way this year)
  • Hand cream special for gardeners (yes, really)
  • Preserve making kit, complete with book of recipes for my gluts of fruit and veg
  • Future chilli plant: I bought some seed for my mother in law and she's going to give me a spare plant when they're ready (sharing seeds and plants is much more fun!)

I'm a very happy gardener! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment