Tuesday 9 April 2013

Onions in plugs

I love onions and it's probably the vegetable I eat the most, so I'm planting some more now. I have some sets I planted in the autumn growing happily at the allotment, and these new lot will produce a later crop. I haven't planted them directly in the ground because I still haven't finished building the raised beds and digging: I have planted them in plugs to germinate, which should give me a few weeks to prepare the soil to plant them out. I used a sheet of egg carton, and the last few I put in plastic plugs:



He decidido plantar mas cebollas porque son de lo que mas como. Tengo unas en la huerta que plante en otono, y estas me daran una segunda cosecha. Las he plantado en una huevera de carton para que empiecen a germinar, y mientras tanto acabo de preparar la tierra en la huerta para plantarlas.

1 comment: