Wednesday 17 November 2010

Red and yellow chard/ Acelgas patrioticas

Chard (acelga) 'Bright Lights'

I took this picture last weekend. All of my seedlings of 'Bright Lights' came out red or yellow (no pinks or purples), and I particularly love the yellow stems. I can't wait to try them - I'm already looking for the perfect recipe for them! But back to the colours in the picture: it just occurred to me that I have a very patriotic chard. The colours are the same as the Spanish flag! :-)

Las acelgas de la foto son de la variedad 'Bright Lights'. En teoria pueden salir de cualquier color, a veces hasta salen rosas y moradas, pero las mias han salido todas rojas o amarillas, como estas de la foto. Mi favorita es la amarilla, dan ganas de comerla de solo verla...  La foto es del fin de semana pasado. Cuando las plante no se me ocurrio, pero ahora viendo la foto me he dado cuenta: son los colores de la bandera española! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hola

    If you're into purple veg (perfectly reasonable, full of anthocyanins), can I recommend the Purple Peuvian potato - purple flesh see my post http://radix4roots.blogspot.com/search/label/Potato

    ReplyDelete