Tuesday 16 November 2010

I'm a seed shopaholic/ Adicta a las semillas

I discovered The Real Seed Catalogue website today (http://www.realseeds.co.uk/). I don't know why I hadn't looked it up yet; I had heard about it in other gardening blogs, but never actually browsed their site... until today.

Of course, all my good plans of stopping buying seed are out of the window now. There are just so many unusual (to me) varieties there! I don't think I'll be able to resist :-). I'll leave it until the weekend, so I have some days to choose my absolute favourites. I will even try to plan where and when I will find space to grow them next year BEFORE I buy anything, and will try as best I can to NOT repeat any vegetable I already have seed for... I'm already finding excuses for myself, you see. Such as, I really like the look of Oca because I never saw it on the shops, so maybe I can grow it instead of potatoes next year.

Hoy he descubierto un sitio nuevo que vende unas semillas alucinantes (http://www.realseeds.co.uk/). O por lo menos a mi me parecen super exoticas... Yo tenia muy buenas intenciones de no comprar ninguna semilla mas, pero claro, despues de ver estas... no me voy a poder resistir! :-)

Voy a esperar al fin de semana para por lo menos tener unos dias para elegir lo que compro. Intentare seguir dos reglas: 1) no repetir una planta que ya tengo; y 2) haberles encontrado un sitio en el jardin para sembrarlas el año que viene. (Por lo menos empezar con buenas intenciones....!) Ya estoy pensando excusas para poder hacerles sitio a estas plantas tan interesantes. Por ejemplo, venden una cosa llamada oca (no el ave, es un tuberculo: Oxalis tuberosa) que suena mucho mas exotico que la humilde patata, y ademas es una cosa que yo no he visto en ningun supermercado, asi que probablemente plante oca en vez de patatas el año que viene.

1 comment:

  1. acabarás con un tratado de como plantar lo máximo en el mínimo espacio,eso si quedara precioso con ese colorido.

    ReplyDelete