Friday 27 May 2011

My favourite bit at Chelsea

'A Children's Garden in Wales', designed  by Heronsbridge and
Ysgol Bryn Castell Schools with Anthea Guthrie

Of all the pretty things I saw at the Chelsea Flower Show, this has to be my favourite corner of all. This is how I want my garden to look. I kept going back to look at it, it made me want to be inside it! I love the contrast between the orange of the marigolds and the blue of the nigella. One corner of my flower bed is planted with exactly those two flowers (except mine aren't flowering yet). It was very reassuring to see how good it can look, and also that it won a gold medal at Chelsea and I had the idea first :).

Este fue mi jardin favorito del Chelsea Flower Show. Me encanta el contraste del naranja de la calendula con el azul de la nigella. Una esquina de mi rincon de flores lo tengo plantado con la misma combinacion, aunque las mias aun no tienen flor, asi que me animo ver lo bonito que puede llegar a ser. Y tambien me gusto ver que la misma combinacion de flores que yo elegi gano una medal en Chelsea :).

1 comment:

  1. En Rante's Garden no tenemos tanta vegetación pero si algunos tonos aislados que ya verás,quedan muy chulos. La huera este año está mixta, parte para el espiritu y otra parte para la tripa personal de cada cual...Hasta pronto in person ...

    ReplyDelete