Wednesday 23 February 2011

Purple Chilli seedlings

Seedlings of purple chilli on my windowsill
These purple chilli seedlings are barely one month old. I started them in the heated propagator and moved them to the windowsill as soon as they were out, to get more sunlight. It is mid-late February now, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that these will turn into plants and give me chillis this summer! I'm quite proud of these: I saved the seed from one chilli that I got last summer from one plant that I bought from the garden eentre (and yes, it was dark purple, like an aubergine!). Almost all of the seed that I sowed has germinated, and I have a few more left that I will sow this weekend - just in case I lose some. And if I don't lose them, they'll make nice presents I'm sure!

Estas plantitas de chillis (guindillas) morados tienen apenas un mes. Puse la maceta primero en el semillero electrico, pero tan pronto salieron las plantitas movi la maceta a la ventana, donde tienen mas luz solar. Estas plantas son espeiales: guarde la semilla de una guindilla que consegui el ano pasado de una planta que compre en el vivero (y si, el pimiento era morado como una berenjena), y casi todas las semillas que sembre han germinado! Me queda un poco mas de semilla, que la voy a sembrar este fin de semana por si acaso se me pierden estas plantas. Y si no se me pierden, siempre puedo regalar las que me sobren, pues seguro que tienen exito!

1 comment:

  1. Esto si que no lo conozco, Yo he visto verdes amarillos y rojos pero nunca morados!MARAVILLOSO! cuida bien la semilla que tendremos que colaborar a la Biodiversidad que dicen ahora los periódicos.

    ReplyDelete