Wednesday 24 August 2011

Tomatoes finally ripe!

First crop of tomatoes this year

I finally got some tomatoes today. Tonight's dinner will be a culmination of my summer vegetables: lettuce (red deer tongue), tomatoes, cucumber and spring onions, all homegrown!

It's very exciting getting ripe tomatoes, they look amazing suddenly so red standing out against the green, after all these months of only green. I must say, however, that my garden is not the best place to grow them: they mature, but very late! They will do much better with more sunlight, so I think next year I'll grow them at the allotment. My allotment neighbour has had ripe tomatoes since July...

Tarde, pero por fin hoy coseche mis primeros tomates! La cena de hoy va a tener una ensalada completamente de cosecha casera - la culminacion de los vegetales del verano: lechuga, tomate, pepino y cebolletas!


Los tomates en el jardin no se me dan del todo bien. La planta produce fruta, pero tarda mucho en madurar por culpa de la falta de luz. El proximo ano los voy a plantar en la huerta comunal, que tiene mas horas de sol al dia - mi vecina de alli lleva comiendo tomates desde julio.

No comments:

Post a Comment