Monday 27 July 2015

What's new this summer

I have been away from the blog for a while, but not away from the garden! These are some new things that have kept me busy this year:


The main addition to the garden has been the greenhouse - yes! I've got my own greenhouse at last! I use it for propagation only, as it's too small for growing crops inside. But it's working very well for seedlings and cuttings. I've become slightly obsessed with cuttings, I've taken LOADS, let's see what grows by the end of the summer!


El invernadero es el cambio mayor desde la ultima vez que escribi aqui. Lo uso sobre todo para semilleros y esquejes - tengo un monton de esquejes, a ver que prende!


The flower bed around the pond in the middle of the garden has grown to it's final size. I'm still tweaking the planting, but it's got some of my favourite plants that I've been waiting for years to have, such as verbena bonariensis, kniphophia, pink achillea, and most recently a cistus - in the top part I've gone for a dry garden plant combination. So I'm very pleased.



En el medio del jardin esta el charquito, y alrededor hay varias zonas para plantas. En la parte de arriba he puesto plantas de clima mas o menos arido: verbena bonariensis, kniphophia, achillea y mi ultima adquisicion, que llevo aƱos esperando: una jara (cistus). Al fondo se ven las flores blancas de unas margaritas, que desde que las transplante a esa parte en semisombra se dan mucho mejor (no las tengo que regar).

 
Since I moved the daisies to this shadier part of the garden they're a lot happier, I never have to water them and I love the way they glow when in shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment